Allozymes, transforming enzymes to unlock the trillion-dollar bioeconomy. Founded in 2019, Allozymes mission is to bio-manufacture cosmetic ingredients that are hard to source or produced by petroleum sources with chemical synthesis. We build the largest custom-designed enzyme library to make groundbreaking industrial bio-solution for the sustainable future of the food, cosmetics, and pharma industries.
In our modern world, all cosmetic ingredients are manufactured, either through chemical processes or extracting them from plants or animals, both are not sustainable. Chemical processes are highly polluting. Ironically, current methods of isolating natural ingredients from plants and animals are also damaging the environment. These processes typically use significant volumes of biomass, energy, water and land, to grow, harvest, process, and extract the tiniest amounts of natural ingredients.
At Allozymes, we are on the mission to bio manufacture these ingredients to provide natural ingredient to the customers while preserve nature. We replace traditional manufacturing methods with cleaner, greener, scalable methods, by unlocking the power of our custom designed enzymes.
Currently we are looking for a regional sales manager who will be responsible for driving sales growth and expanding market presence for Allozymes within the cosmetics and personal care industry in East Asia, including China, Korea and Japan. You will eventually build a team of sales professionals, nurture customer relationships, and achieve revenue targets. This role requires a deep understanding of the cosmetics industry, a strong sales background, and exceptional leadership skills. An understanding of the customers needs, requirements and trends in the cosmetic and personal care industry.
You will build a team of sales professionals, nurture customer relationships, and achieve revenue targets. This role requires a deep understanding of the cosmetics industry, a strong sales background, and exceptional leadership skills.
- Determine sales goals and budget targets
- Build customer opportunity pipeline and relationships
- Increase territory sales and customer network
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to expand market with new and existing customers, and achieve yearly sales objectives
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers, contract manufacturers, and industry influencers to identify opportunities, understand their needs, provide tailored solutions, and ensure follow-up is done in a timely manner
- Collaborate closely with Marketing and R&D to align customer initiatives with emerging trends to identify and report on business opportunities in targeted markets to drive growth and enhance the company’s competitive positioning
- Monitor sales performance, analyze sales data, and utilize CRM to track progress, maintain updated view of the sales opportunity pipeline identify areas for improvement, and present findings to senior management
- Stay informed of industry developments, competitor activities, and emerging trends to inform business strategies and identify potential risks or opportunities
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of sales professionals, providing guidance, support, and training to drive performance and meet sales objectives
- Acquire expertise on our portfolio of active ingredients, functional ingredients, delivery systems, and trends/concepts to effectively promote products
- Liaise with various departments (Marketing/ Customer Service/R&D) to ensure all customer inquiries are addressed properly
- Enhance Allozymes position within each corporate account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account (R&D/Product Development/Marketing/Purchasing)
- Represent Allozymes at industry trade shows, conferences, and customer meetings to promote our products, establish strong business relationships, and generate leads
- Provide visit reports with detailed information of items discussed, current projects, and industry developments
- Coordinate with other RSMs and communicate as needed to ensure the regional team is aware of account activity and any actions required to successfully service the customer
Requirements & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree or higher; specialization in Biology, Chemistry, Business, or Marketing a plus
- 5+ years of experience in sales within the cosmetics and personal care industry, with a focus on raw material sales (specifically specialty ingredients – actives)
- In-depth knowledge of the cosmetics industry, including raw materials, manufacturing processes, and market dynamics
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and driving revenue growth
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to inspire, motivate, and manage a sales team effectively
- Strong CPG customer relationships and distributor network for cosmetics and personal care companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze market trends, identify opportunities, and make strategic decisions
- Enthusiastic, highly self-motivated, result-orientated, multi-tasker, with ability to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently, while also being a team player capable of collaborating with team members
- Establish the customer network in East Asia including Japan and China
- Being multi lingual two of the 4 is a must- English, Korean, Chinese, Japanese
- Technical understanding and the ability to translate technical concepts into compelling stories is a plus
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere and willing to move to Singapore. You need to be in Singapore for your first year with us and then feel free to work hybrid. To apply, please apply through Linkedin.
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Allozymes! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.