Allozymes is a deep tech company based in Singapore. We are revolutionizing the way industry uses enzymes for manufacturing chemicals and natural compounds. Our rapid discovery and evolution of custom-designed enzymes enables breakthrough developments for sustainable production of ingredients for pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food and beverages.
Allozymes is hiring a distinctive Senior Scientist into its Biology team. This team is responsible for developing novel enzymes and microbial processes to produce chemicals and natural compounds. The scientist will lead the activities involved in the development of novel and optimized strains for various purposes. Working in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment, this role has the opportunity to interact with other scientists, automation and process engineers to achieve these goals.
- Functional expression of enzyme families and classes
- Employ genetic engineering methodologies and tools, e.g. DNA assembly, transformation, integration, sequencing, bioinformatics, etc
- Pathway analysis, assembly and testing to produce target products
- Strain engineering to optimize production of target natural compounds and chemicals
- Understanding of cellular physiology, metabolism and pathways for a variety of eukaryotic and prokaryotic microbes, e.g. on processes associated with target molecule production, including redox metabolism, energy usage, product transport, impact on growth and health of organism, etc.
- Work closely with process engineers to ensure scalability of the process
- Competent in using statistics and bioinformatic tools to strengthen the experimental design and enable robust data analysis
- Systematic & problem-solving approach to projects
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in microbiology, synthetic biology, metabolic engineering, molecular biology or other relevant disciplines
- 4+ years of industrial biotech experience
- Deep experience in enzyme catalysis
- Deep experience in functional enzyme expression in microbial hosts
- Deep experience in metabolic engineering of microbes for production of natural products and/or secondary metabolism and small molecules
- Experience in protein engineering or directed evolution
- Strong hands-on experience using wet lab facilities
Allozymes offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary and a unique growth opportunity.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 24 months