Are you looking for a rewarding internship and learning at a growth-stage startup and have experience in the world of scientific research and Intellectual Property assets?
This might be the opportunity for you, read on!
At Allozymes, we are building the next generation enzyme engineering platform to deliver groundbreaking technological developments in the field of synthetic biology, industrial enzymes and their applications. Enzymes are an engine of the cell that empowers all the reactions in nature and in modern life they play a key role in 100s of industrial applications, from creation of cheese and wine all the way to medicine. However, finding the right enzymes and improving its performance is still a key challenge. The process of enzyme engineering is very slow, complicated and super expensive. At Allozymes we are solving all these issues with our proprietary technology. We engineer enzymes 10X faster with 200X higher chance of success compared to the conventional technologies (Robotic). We are confident that we can create products and services that will have a huge impact for the sustainable future of food, cosmetics and pharma industries. Read in TechCrunch and Compasslist about our vision.
To fulfill our vision, Allozymes is looking for a highly business oriented, motivated and capable person who can join the business team to make this company achieve its dreams, missions and reach greater heights.
In this internship, you will work directly with the Director of Business Development, Deepak Raghothaman, and our technical leadership team at Allozymes. You should be motivated to read technical documents like patents, literature and identify competitive intelligence. This requires collaborating with a technical team, having a scientific/engineering skill set and having fun while learning and engaging. We have 2 business models including Fee for Service and licensing of biosynthesized novel products. You will be responsible for business development and market analysis for expanding Allozymes’ global business and customer strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct scientific literature, patent searches for new product technology areas, summarize and pitch findings in a concise report format to business and/or technical team
- Monitor and analyze market drivers and risks, industrial trends, technological trends, competitive intelligence
- Build market strategy and positioning for service and product offers for various industries(Food, Pharma, Cosmetics, Specialty Chemicals) globally
- Screen new innovation concepts, business opportunities, work closely with customers and decision-makers, prioritize leads aligned with our business’s strategies
- Understand and track evolving customer needs of existing and potential customers, map the company strategy and niche business areas
- Meet regularly with business and technical management and stakeholders to maintain relations and discuss strategy
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations to target audiences and potential customers
Requirements & Qualifications
Candidates who are enthusiastic, creative, skilled, outgoing and fulfill the below mentioned criteria, are encouraged to apply by sending in your resumes/CVs–
- A degree(Masters or Bachelor) and/or relevant training with a strong background in Science, Chemical Engineering, Biomolecular engineering, Biotechnology or a related field.
- 2-5 years of business and IP analysis experience, preferably in biotechnology (enzymes), biopharma or bioeconomy, with experience in business development, sales or finance and strategy roles.
- Sound understanding of IPR, proven experience with scientific literature and patent tools, innovation databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to deliver presentations. (Multi language is a plus)
- Proven ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize time and resources effectively.
- Strong team player with effective interpersonal and presentation skills, in-person and virtual
- Self-starter with ability to organize work with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: July-Dec 2022 Location of duty: 3 BIOPOLIS DRIVE, SYNAPSE, # 05-19, SINGAPORE 138623
To apply, please email us at [email protected] with your resume