Allozymes is a deep tech company based in Singapore. We are revolutionizing the way industry uses enzymes for manufacturing chemicals and natural compounds. Our rapid discovery and evolution of custom-designed enzymes enables breakthrough developments for sustainable production of ingredients for pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food and beverages.
Allozymes is hiring a distinctive Research Assistant into its Biology team. This team is responsible for developing novel enzymes and microbes to produce chemicals and natural compounds. The candidate will help with the day-to-day experiments that are assigned by lead scientists. Working in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment, this role has the opportunity to interact with other assistants, scientists, and engineers to achieve the goals.
- Carry out routine gene cloning, recombinant plasmid constructions, and recombinant protein expressions in microorganisms
- Conduct gel electrophoresis, protein purification, protein quantification assays and enzyme kinetics
- Grow microbial strains in plate, tubes, or shake flask
- Carry out biotransformation and bioconversion tests using enzymes or microorganisms
- Present findings to the key team members
Qualifications and Experience
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, biophysics or related field
- Understanding of molecular biology, recombinant protein expression and construct design; familiarity with standard expression hosts such as bacterial and yeast
- Hands on experience in biochemistry techniques such as protein expression, gel electrophoresis, protein quantification assays and enzyme kinetics
- Experience with protein purification is a plus
- Hands on experience using liquid chromatography systems (HPLC) is recommended;
- Hands on experience with plate reader for absorbance and fluorescence based assays
- Enthusiasm to learn new techniques and strong curiosity of areas of biology previously unknown to you
- Systematic, enthusiastic and a team player
Allozymes offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, insurance, and a unique growth opportunity.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.