At Allozymes, we are building the next generation enzyme engineering platform to deliver groundbreaking technological developments in the field of synthetic biology, industrial enzymes and their applications. Enzymes are an engine of the cell that empowers all the reactions in nature and in modern life they play a key role in 100s of industrial applications, from creation of cheese and wine all the way to medicine. However, finding the right enzymes and improving its performance is still a key challenge. The process of enzyme engineering is very slow, complicated and super expensive. At Allozymes we are solving all these issues with our proprietary technology. We engineer enzymes 10X faster with 200X higher chance of success compared to the conventional technologies (Robotic). We are confident that we can create products and services that will have a huge impact for the sustainable future of food, cosmetics and pharma industries. Read in TechCrunch and Compasslist about our vision.
To fulfil our vision, Allozymes is looking for a highly business oriented, motivated and capable person who can join the business team to make this company achieve its dreams, missions and reach greater heights.
In this position, you will work directly with the Director of Business Development, Deepak Raghothaman, and Senior Business Developer Scott Chaplin, at Allozymes. We have 2 business models including Fee for Service and licensing of biosynthesized novel products. You will be responsible for business development and market analysis for expanding Allozymes’ global business and customer strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze industrial trends, market drivers and risks, customer needs, competitive intelligence
- Build market strategy and positioning for service and product offers for various industries(Food, Pharma, Cosmetics, Specialty Chemicals) globally
- Screen new leads and business opportunities, work closely with customers and decision-makers, prioritize leads in line with strategies, facilitate pitch logistics.
- Understand and track evolving customer needs of existing and potential customers, map the company strategy and niche business areas.
- Collaborate closely with technical team to manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; evaluate pricing for proactive bids and proposals.
- Meet regularly with management and stakeholders to maintain relations and discuss strategy.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations.
- Develop and implement sales processes, structures, and best practices across the company.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Business degree/training with a background of Science, Chemical and Biomolecular engineering, Biotechnology or a related field.
- 2-5 years of Business experience, preferably in biotechnology (enzymes), biopharma or bioeconomy, with experience in business development, sales or finance and strategy roles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to deliver presentations. (Multi language is a plus)
- Working experience with sales techniques and CRM tools (e.g. Hubspot).
- Proficiency with market size and analysis, data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources.
- Strong listening and presentation skills, including over phone or online meetings.
- Self-starter with ability to organize work with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong team player with effective interpersonal skills
Candidates who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria are encouraged to Apply here