About the job
At Allozymes, we are building the next generation enzyme engineering platform to deliver groundbreaking technological developments in the field of synthetic biology, industrial enzymes and their applications. Enzymes are an engine of the cell that empowers all the reactions in nature and in modern life they play a key role in 100s of industrial applications, from creation of cheese and wine all the way to medicine. However, finding the right enzymes and improving its performance is still a key challenge. The process of enzyme engineering is very slow, complicated and super expensive. At Allozymes we are solving all these issues with our proprietary technology. We engineer enzymes 10X faster with 200X higher chance of success compared to the conventional technologies (Robotic). We are confident that we can create products and services that will have a huge impact for the sustainable future of food, cosmetics and pharma industries. Read in TechCrunch and Compasslist about our vision.
To fulfil our vision, Allozymes is looking for a highly business oriented, motivated and capable person who can join the business team to make this company achieve its dreams, missions and reach greater heights.
In this position, you will work directly with the Director of Business Development , Deepak Raghothaman, at Allozymes. We have 2 business models including service as a fee and licensing of biosynthesized novel ingredients. You will be responsible for market analysis for novel biosynthesis ingredients for pharmaceutical, cosmetics and food industries, pricing, besides expanding Allozymes’ enzyme engineering service arm in Asia.
- Shape and iterate our business development strategy and be responsible for key aspects of the business development effort including creating BD pipeline of activities for our existing and new products, prospecting partnership negotiation focused on financial gain for the company
- Work with potential customers across multiple geographies and industry verticals to understand needs and communicate these to the R&D and engineering team
- Define various revenue and cost models for our products and be a key commercial contributor to our product roadmap
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Frame, negotiate and execute customer agreements, including JDAs and sales agreements (together with legal experts)
- Conduct research to identify new market opportunities and develop a granular understanding of competitors and new tech trends
- Report on the customer projects status, financials and customer demand forecasts
- Build, motivate and mentor the business development team
- Prior knowledge and experience with IP landscaping and freedom-to-operate (FTO) analysis to support company strategic and R&D directions is desirable
Requirements & Qualifications
Candidates who are enthusiastic, creative, skilled, outgoing and fulfil the below mentioned criteria, are encouraged to apply by sending in your resumes/CVs–
- Hunger to be a catalyst for something big, build the future of bioeconomy
- Business savvy with a Bachelors/Masters degree in Science, Chemical and Biomolecular engineering, Biotechnology or a related field
- Domain expert in industrial biotechnology, chemicals, cosmetics, with 5+ years of experience in business development, strategic innovation, product development, or corporate strategy roles
- Demonstrable experience and/or working knowledge of Intellectual Property terms, FTO analysis and legal contracts
- Analytic and creative thinker, innovative, proactive with a willingness to learn and optimistic
- Possess effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate compelling value propositions of our products and service offer
- Proactively review and scope business models, associated commercial terms to support customer discussions and program scope
- Passionate in building lasting customer relationships & partnerships and stellar deal making abilities.
- Have the mindset to work in a fast-paced environment, navigate ambiguity and a strong motivation to make a successful career within technology startups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to deliver presentations. (Multi language is a plus)
- Highly motivated and ambitious candidate with start-up attitude, work with minimal guidance
Allozymes offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, insurance, and a unique growth opportunity.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please email us at [email protected] with your resume